Book Club: "Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah"

In this forum we can discuss the books in our Alexandria Library section

Moderators: Shana, Urdu Moderator

Jawahir

I've never read a book like this one before... It's very strange... But at the same time it has a looot of wisdom in it... It certainly makes you think about reality and how it's not real at all... Definitely worth reading and contemplating over!!!
Shana

This is one of the most intense and inspiring books I have ever read. "Negative attachments, Richard if you really want to remove a cloud from your life, you do not need to make a big production out of it, you just relax and remove it from your thinking. That is all there is to it".
When I sit and read this book it is like the author made it for me. So much advices so much to ponder over. I really liked the quote about negative thinking. It is something so relatable. It is easy to get caught up on things that literally have no purpose.

It remined me of a quote I read from Aristotle when he said “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
aristotle.jpg
aristotle.jpg (133.09 KiB) Viewed 4655 times
' You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it true. You may have to work for it however'.

The thing about this book is that it makes me want to understand more about this Illusion that we are in. That all of this, everything is just that an illusion. The thing that Richard is learning is to believe that all this is an illusion.
Every day is Ashura, and every land is Karbala
Kevin

asSalamu aleikum wr Allah wb
It's great to read you comments and also the fact that we're reading books simultaneously it's just amazing
Jawahir wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:57 pm
I've never read a book like this one before... It's very strange... But at the same time it has a looot of wisdom in it... It certainly makes you think about reality and how it's not real at all... Definitely worth reading and contemplating over!!!
I feel kind of the same about this book. It's so uncomplicatedly wise that it's hard to believe. The quotes that hit me the most were:
"You teach best what you most need to learn."
Have you also felt the truth of this quote in real life? Sometimes the best advices i've got have come through me while advising others. It's a very strange and interesting thing to experience.
and:
"Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again,
And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends."
It's a rather good thing to remember while dealing with loss.
«Sé otro misterio: las escrituras serán dadas a los justos y a los sabios para comunicar alegría, rectitud y mucha sabiduría. Las escrituras les serán dadas, ellos creerán y se regocijarán en ellas» – Libro de Enoc.
disciple

Amazing book, I started reading it early in the morning after meditation. So many different concepts put together that it's difficult to write a coherent comment. Anything I would say I wouldn't be able to describe it. Just marvellous. :!:
There in no might or power except God the Allmighty
Mohammed s alalmahdi

Alsalam alaikum wr allah wbr dear pure sister can you tell me the name or link of this book please in arabic

Return to “The Book Club”