The dark winter is here

This forum is for the discussion of everything relating to the end times

Moderator: Shana

disciple

Up to 15 million Texans remain without heat and electricity as temperatures across the state are well below freezing. Another round of winter weather is battering parts of the state Wednesday morning, as many Texans have been without electricity since Sunday are desperately scrambling to find shelters. Weather-related deaths have already been reported as one of the nation's wealthiest states can barely supply electricity to its residents. And some of those residents have written to us to share their painful realities...

...my house is now resembling a refugee camp. yeah these are all my friends but crazy cause they all have young kids...

hence i'm escaping the chaos...

what's insane is that big swathes of population in surrounding areas are without power and *water supply*

... bottled water flying off shelves & stores bout to run out.

... so much for Green New Deal sxxx... all our turbines and solar don't work now in freeze, LOL

i live in an area behind a major hospital so i'm thinking that's why my grid has been up and running this whole time.

The unprecedented polar vortex split, dumping Arctic air down to the Gulf of Mexico, resulted in frozen wellheads that impeded the flow of natgas to power stations, triggering electric shortages as demand overwhelmed the grid. Considering ERCOT, which manages 90% of the state's electric load, has a high percentage of electrical generation produced via natgas, power has yet to be restored to millions of folks. Still on Wednesday, the power grid operator warned 40% of generation capacity remains offline.

The cascading effect of blackouts and controlled power outages has resulted in some critical infrastructure such as cellular networks and water treatment plants going offline.

As we attempt to show below, the speed at which one of the nation's wealthiest states transforms into a third-world country is simply stunning.

Jared Tennant, a drone pilot in central Texas, captured stunning images of how downtown Austin has been lit up during the power grid collapse while surrounding and more impoverished communities on the outskirts of town have had their power cut.

One reader wrote that central Texas looks like a "refugee situation of sorts," offering some anecdotal accounts of what he's seeing on the ground which is nothing short of a disaster in the making.

Central Texas looking like a refugee situation of sorts... suburbs with power have homes with 10 to 15 or 20 people piled into living rooms with sleeping bags.

Increasingly whole zip codes are being hit with not just power outage, but water system going down too either thru frozen or electrically damaged processing facilities or key pipes bursting.

Anyone without power/water (now going on 2 to 3 days) is begging any friends or family in area still with power to take them in.

Often multiple families are camped out in living rooms of those who still have power.

Families are dropping off young children in residences & with neighbors that still have heat.

Basically whole neighborhoods on other side of highway with no power are "moving in" to neighbors' homes on other side where power still exists.

I'm getting phone calls from friends and elderly people in the community asking desperately for firewood. People are now running out of firewood and the couple grocery stores actually open for a few hours a day are constantly out.

People are braving the iced-over roads to go looking for anyone with firewood.

Any home that still has water is filling up jugs & bathtubs in expectation of water supply cut at any moment.

The water situation is getting alarming.. especially many elderly now trapped in homes with no heat OR WATER.

Local stores (the 2 or 3 that actually open) are limiting customers to 2 gallons of water each--it's flying off the shelves

Individuals with 4-wheel drive and/or jeeps have been seen picking up stranded strangers on side of road... often people are having to hike miles to an open corner store to raid the shelves for any canned food/or still available items.

As vehicles get stuck and/or become inoperable due to extreme freeze... people have been seen hiking out of suburban neighborhoods to reach "civilization" (or any area still with power and water)

People are also now living in their work offices and/or teachers bringing their family to school classroom to live if school/office still has power/water.

In many cases schools or some churches are not yet officially "warming centers"--yet people are basically squatting--entering any public place/room they can find that's warm.

For most part there's almost zero snow plow/de-icing equipment particularly in mid- to small-sized towns and rural areas... last night's layer of ice storm means many people now trapped in their powerless/waterless homes even if they want to leave for a warming center

There's no recourse, no answers... Oncor will not answer calls or give answers for days running. Civic services not responding... also local police departments are angrily demanding answers from the large energy companies

Growing number of carbon monoxide poisonings in area and the state...people are lighting charcoal grills indoors, also running vehicles in garages

Another Texas resident exclaimed:

So I honestly don't really know if there's anyway to mitigate this at all, or if there is any point trying to kick and scream and raise awareness about this since it seems like such an unstoppable avalanche, but with all of the pipes bursting as well as water treatment plants now going offline – next week when this shit thaws out, all of that sewage is going to coat the entire fucking state.

Which is gross, but the worst part of it is that fucking Covid can transmit through sewage, not all that well and it probably needs to be aerosolized, but with apartment buildings and the fact it will be EVERYWHERE and everything else… Texas is about to become a science experiment in herd immunity.

When those pipes start to thaw I bet they'll be gushing and spurting too - how long is it gonna take to seal everything off, there's just no way.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think Texas might be on its way to becoming a Third World country.

... and there's more.

There in no might or power except God the Allmighty
disciple

disciple

Biden predicts 'winter of death' for unvaxxed

US President Joe Biden urged all Americans to receive booster shots and warned of a winter full of “severe illness and death” for those who remain unvaccinated amid the spread of the Omicron variant of Covid-19.
“If you’re vaccinated and have your booster shot, you’re protected from severe illness and death,” Biden said on Thursday, in brief remarks to the press as he met with his Covid-19 coordination team at the White House.

“Due to the steps we’ve taken, Omicron has not spread as fast as it could have otherwise done,” Biden added, “but it’s here now and it’s spreading and it’s gonna increase.”

The White House responded to the discovery of the variant – designated Omicron by the World Health Organization in late November – by banning travelers from eight African countries where it was first detected.

The ban went into effect on November 29. The first US case of the Omicron contagion was detected two days later in California, in a traveler who returned from South Africa on November 22. As of Wednesday, 36 US states have reported cases of Omicron, which was said to amount to 3% of total infections across the country.

Health authorities across the world consider Omicron to be far more transmissible than the Delta variant, blamed for the spike in US coronavirus deaths this year. Data suggests that its symptoms are much milder, however.

Return to “Apocalypse Now”