Book Club: "Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah"

In this forum we can discuss the books in our Alexandria Library section

Moderator: Shana

Jawahir

I've never read a book like this one before... It's very strange... But at the same time it has a looot of wisdom in it... It certainly makes you think about reality and how it's not real at all... Definitely worth reading and contemplating over!!!
Shana

This is one of the most intense and inspiring books I have ever read. "Negative attachments, Richard if you really want to remove a cloud from your life, you do not need to make a big production out of it, you just relax and remove it from your thinking. That is all there is to it".
When I sit and read this book it is like the author made it for me. So much advices so much to ponder over. I really liked the quote about negative thinking. It is something so relatable. It is easy to get caught up on things that literally have no purpose.

It remined me of a quote I read from Aristotle when he said “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
aristotle.jpg
aristotle.jpg (133.09 KiB) Viewed 6 times
' You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it true. You may have to work for it however'.

The thing about this book is that it makes me want to understand more about this Illusion that we are in. That all of this, everything is just that an illusion. The thing that Richard is learning is to believe that all this is an illusion.
Every day is Ashura, and every land is Karbala