Masoor Al Haaj

Here is where we will post all your questions and answers to the Imam a.s

Moderator: Shana

Ahsan Al Al Mahdi

Dear Aba Sadiq a.s,

Assalamualaikum
May peace and blessing be upon Muhammad and the Family of Muhammad and the Imams and the Mahdis

I read a book long time ago i still remember the title was "Mansoor Al Haaj" translated in urdu i forgot the name of the author. In the book it stated that Mansoor raised a slogan of Ana Al Haq meaning "I Am The Truth" and he was killed on charges of heresy.

Al-Hallaj (Arabic: ابو المغيث الحسين بن منصور الحلاج, romanized: Abū 'l-Muġīth Al-Ḥusayn bin Manṣūr al-Ḥallāj) or Mansour Hallaj (Persian: منصور حلاج, romanized: Mansūr-e Hallāj) (c. 858 – 26 March 922) (Hijri c. 244 AH – 309 AH) was a Persian mystic, poet and teacher of Sufism.[5][6][7] He is best known for his saying: "I am the Truth" (Ana'l-Ḥaqq), which many saw as a claim to divinity, while others interpreted it as an instance of annihilation of the ego, allowing God to speak through him. Al-Hallaj gained a wide following as a preacher before he became implicated in power struggles of the Abbasid court and was executed after a long period of confinement on religious and political charges. Although most of his Sufi contemporaries disapproved of his actions, Hallaj later became a major figure in the Sufi tradition.[8]
Source: Wikipedia

Besides in the book it says he performed miracles also so in reality who was Mansoor al Haaj?

Regards,

Ahsan Al Al-Mahdi
Pakistan
"The Truth Is Only With You Ya Imam"

Return to “Q&A with the Imam”