Religion says, you can alter reality...

This forum is dedicated to everything about Religion

Moderator: Shana

Fayrouz

Throughout humanity's journey towards God there has been one common recurring theme in the teachings of Prophets, Messengers and Imams pbut throughout the ages.
It has often been overlooked and maybe even underestimated, eventhough - if we look closely - it could be considered a miracle in itself.
That teaching was "The expectation of good", being positive and the power of the mind/thought. When you first hear the words "Think good" or "Be positive", you think of it as a good advice, a mindset we should attain and live by, but few stop to think about what truly lies at the core of this teaching.

"I am as my servant thinks of me, if he thinks good of me, he will have it. If he thinks evil of me, he will have it.| -- Hadith Qudsi

"Expect good and good will happen" --- Imam Ali pbuh

"There's no faith with bad expectations" --- Imam Ali pbuh

"The expectation of evil corrupts matters and brings about evil" --- Imam Ali pbuh

{Expect goodness and you shall find it} --- Holy Quran

"What you think you become. What you feel you attract. What you imagine you create" --- Buddha

"As someone thinks within himself, so he is." -Proverbs 23:7

"O Arjuna, [...] One can become whatever one wants to be if she or he constantly
contemplates the object of desire with faith." - Krishna, Bhaghavad Gita

"The energy of the mind is the essence of life" - Aristotle

These are only a few examples of those teachings from different religions, all pointing towards the same thing: the power of THOUGHT

Decades and centuries later science discovers the "Observer Effect": Experiments in quantum mechanics such as the "double slit experiment" have shown that the mere observation of a phenomenon inevitably changes that phenomenon, a beam of electrons is affected by the act of being observed.

This discovery challenged the basic assumption behind all science: that there is an objective world out there, irrespective of us. But it turns out that that objectivity is an illusion and the way the world behaves depends on how – or if – we look at it.

Think about this for a minute: Years and years ago Prophets and Messengers and Imams who walked this earth, were constantly trying to make us aware of the power of our minds and how thought or expectation can affect or alter what we consider "reality", telling us, that if we are positive, positive things will happen, if we are negative, negative things will happen, without actually explaining the mechanism behind that.

Years and years later science is beginning to discover this and proving it to be true...

How powerful is this "simple" piece of advice and teaching, this short sentence "expect good", hiding within it the fact that the universe could be subject to human intenion or expectation to a certain degree. It seems when we expect something, we cause our energy to flow out into the world and affect other energy systems.

This discovery challenges the notion that religion is backwards and the scientific method is what's leading us towards progression and advancement. Yet look at how the proofs of God were years and years ahead, trying to lead humanity to advancement and higher levels of consciousness, and we're only beginning to understand this now. Isn't this a miracle in itself??

This reminds me of what we learned at the beginning of the Dawa, about how Imam Ahmed Al-Hassan a.s, the Qa'im a.s, will come with new and advanced knowledge that science will later affirm and verify.

Korddad

One proof that we have witnessed with our own eyes was that Imam Ahmad Al-Hassan a.s had revealed few months ago regards the Coronavirus effect that it will effect the brain system which not long after that the medical came out and confirmed it yes

Return to “Exoteric Religious Studies”