The Trade Deal between Man and God.

This forum is dedicated to everything about Religion

Moderator: Shana

Shana

Throughout history man has had an interesting relationship / deal with God.
God if I fulfil my obligations to you, what are you going to do for me?
Have you noticed we have been indoctrinated to constantly trade with God?
As long as I pray, attend Sunday prayers and give charity, I'm a good person. If I take care of my neighbours, would you take care of me? If I do such and such, what will be the reward for me? If I recite your name will you show me miracles? Have we then made God a tick box? Have we started to make deals with God?

Most importantly we must ask ourselves have we bargained with God?

We live in a world which runs on trade, whether it's with man and family, or country to country. We even trade paper (cash) for food.
When was the last time we didn't think about what we get in return? When was the last time we didn't consider about how God repaid us? When it was enough that God had rescued us.

Here is an extract from a supplication made to God:
“Peace be on you, O Proof of Allah on His earth! Peace be on you, O you who is the eye of Allah among His creation! Peace be on you, O light of Allah whom the guided ones are guided by and the believers are relieved by. Peace be on you, O well mannered and weary one! Peace be on you, O the “Wali” who always gives sincere advice! Peace be on you, O arc of salvation! Peace be on you, O the spring and essence of life! Peace be on you. Blessings of Allah be on you and your pure and pious family. Peace be on you. May Allah fulfill, at once, in advance, the promise He made with you – to grant you victory and make distinctly visible (your) matter. Peace be upon you, I am your friend and follower, well aware of your priority and ultimate purpose. I come near Allah, the Highest High, through you and your family. I await your appearance, and the revelation of the truth upon your hands. I ask Allah to send blessings upon Muhammad and the children of Muhammad, and make room for me amid those who await you and follow you, who shall comply with your instructions and help you against your enemies, and let me be among those who are martyred between your hands. O my Mawla and the companion of time! Blessings of Allah be upon you and your family. Today is Friday, a day you are expected to come; The faithful will be free of worries and troubles when you shall arrive, and with one strike you shall put an end to the intrigues of the infidels. I, my Mawla in these hours, seek your hospitality and friendship. You, O my Mawla, are kind and generous, a true son of the kind and generous forefathers, always inclined by nature to be hospitable and friendly. So give me a warm welcome and make friends with me. Blessings of Allah be upon you and your family.”

How many times have we called on God? How many times have we asked God to allow us to be of his close ones? And now that we have the chance, what will we do with it?
Here is something that I read that gave me goosebumps:

The fourth Mahdi (pbuh) said: Do not ever think that being firm on the straight path is one of your personal accomplishments, for Allah said to the Master of mankind … (And if We had not made you stand firm, Al-Isra:74) so how about you?!!
When God chose you for the path of his guidance, it was not because you were special or because of your obedience, rather, it is a mercy from him that included you, he may take it off you at any moment, so do not be proud of your deeds and your worship, and do not look down on those who have gone astray, if it were not for God's mercy on you, you would have been in his [misguided person] place. Read it carefully (And if we had not made you stand firm, you would have almost inclined to them a little, Al-Isra:74)

It is a great favour on us to even be chosen by God. It is one of the many blessings of God on us that we can never repay. We have been guided through the Almighty's mercy, not through any merit if our own.

And we must ask ourselves what are we going to do with this blessing of being guided to the truth?
Are we going to turn it into a trade or are we going to show our gratitude for it?
Every day is Ashura, and every land is Karbala

Return to “Exoteric Religious Studies”