Wisdom From The Celtic World

This forum is for discussing and sharing books of all kinds

Moderator: Shana

Redman

Many of the words you are about to read were dictated to me by beings that only I could see. Every day for several weeks I sat at my computer, eyes half closed, occasionally glancing up at the image pinned up above my desk. Then, for a space, I would type furiously, fingers attempting to keep up with the words I was hearing. The beings who communicated with me in this way called themselves the Sidhe, an ancient name for the faery race of Ireland. I had and have no reason to disbelieve them, since the evidence of my inner senses assured me they were as real as I (presumably) am. What they had to say seems both fascinating and even at times profound, and is certainly not the product of my own imagination.
Some people will perceive this as a 'channeled' book, and may well recall that, over the years, I have not always had positive things to say about channeling. A great deal of the material produced through this means still seems, to me, at best unreliable and at worst misleading. For this reason alone I thought a great deal before I decided to set down this account - let alone publish it. In the end it was a combination of two things-friendly pressure from colleagues, together with the nature of the material, what was actually being said, that persuaded me. Not that I believe what is set down here to be any more important than information contained in a dozen other books representing the words of the faery races, but rather that what is contained here may well have value for others on the spiritual path. So, I have decided to tell the story more or less as it happened, and without further explanation, leaving it to the minds and hearts of those who read it to decide whether it has any merit for them.
For obvious reasons I have changed names and locations, and the frame for the words dictated to me by the Sidhe has been cast in the form of a story to make it more readable. There is no site called Gortnasheen in Ireland, though the place where the events described here does exist.
I should like to thank Keith Harris (not his real name) for inviting me on what was to become the most exciting journey of my life. Also thanks to Jeremy Berg at the Lorian Press for his willingness to take on this project, to my wife Caitlin for asking the right questions at the right time and to my friend David Spangler for adding to them.
But my deepest debt is to the people of the Sidhe, themselves, who have so much to teach us still, even in the twenty-first century.
J.M. England and USA - 2003

Return to “The Great Library of Alexandria”