The Concept of Infallibility by Aba Sadiq (pbuh)

This forum announces the appearance of Imam Mahdi

Moderator: Shana

Hameedah

Prophet_Muhammad_PBUH-grph.jpg
Prophet_Muhammad_PBUH-grph.jpg (406.87 KiB) Viewed 3528 times
The Concept of Infallibility by Aba Sadiq (pbuh)

I seek refuge with Allah from the cursed wicked devil.
In the Name of Allah The Abundantly Merciful, The Intensely Merciful.
O Allah send Your peace and blessings upon Muhammad and the Family of Muhammad the
Imams and the Mahdis

Peace be upon you all
I want to speak to you about a topic. It is an important topic, today I wanted to open the topic of
infallibility and speak about that, and speak about what Imam Ahmed Al Hasan a.s has taught us
about the concept of Infallibility.
I want to talk to you today about Infallibility and the meaning of infallibility.
Infallibility basically breaks down into two parts. There is inherent infallibility and there is
earned infallibility.

If we look at the definition of each one of them and we see which and who falls under which
category, we come first to inherent infallibility.
Inherent infallibility means by definition that the person whom goes under this category is
infallible by nature, and is infallible from the day that he was born and up until the day that he
dies. This person does not commit any sort of mistake or any sort of sin during his entire
lifetime. And only 14 individuals have gone under this category. And they are Prophet
Mohammed sawas and Fatimah Al Zahraa a.s and the 12 Imams a.s from the Ahlul Bayt a.s.
starting with Amir AlMo’mineen Ali ibn Talib and ending with Imam Mahdi a.s. These 14
names, these 14 personalities, are the ones whom have inherent infallibility and are the only ones
whom are infallible by nature. History cannot find against them a single mistake. History cannot
find against them a single sin. History has never recorded for these individuals any sort of sin or
any sort of mistake. And the one whom argues otherwise would have to prove that. And
ofcourse this is the normal belief which is held by the Shia and the followers of the Marja’s in
regards to the 14 infallibles, they all believe this. And also the Ahlul Sunnah believe that
Muhammad sawas was infallible from birth till death.

Why is this case?
Allah swt did not create except for Muhammad and the Family of Muhammad a.s. They are the
perfect image of the Lord. He created them in His image. And what I mean by that is
Muhammad and Fatima and Ali and AlHassan and AlHussein a.s. Allah swt created them in the
perfect image, and they are the ones who created the rest of creation. Yes Allah swt creates
everything and He created everyone, because He is the one who gave people the ability to
create. But Allah swt as a direct creator, only created those pure souls. And those pure souls
created other souls. And those souls created other souls. And as such.

As for earned infallibility, the other and second type of infallibility, all of the prophets and
messengers and righteous ones besides the 14 infallibles would go under this category. Meaning
that their infallibility was earned infallibility. Every single one of the Prophets and Messengers,
have made mistakes, except for Muhammad sawas, he never made a mistake before he knew he
was a Prophet, and he never made a mistake after he knew he was a Prophet .
Earned infallibility means that the individual was not born infallible, and he is not infallible in
his own self, rather he reached to a certain degree of infallibility through his sincerity and
dedication to Allah swt. Earned infallibility is lesser than inherent infallibility, because by
definition, the person who is not inherently infallible, for sure he had made some mistakes or sins
in his past.

This issue is very clear in the Holy Qur’an in many different places. And even though one
particular example would be enough to establish the proof, let us look at many different
examples from the Holy Qur’an.

Example number 1 :
Adam pbuh.
Adam a.s. was a Prophet, he was the first Prophet, and even though he was a Prophet, and even
though he was infallible, he committed a great mistake because he was not infallible by nature,
he was not inherently infallible. Rather he earned infallibility at a certain point of time through
dedication to Allah swt. This mistake which Adam a.s did was when Allah swt ordered Adam
and commanded him to not eat from the tree. So the Creator of all things asked Adam to not
come by the trea, dont eat from this tree, Adam disobeyed Allah swt, he disobeyed a direct order
from God and he ate from the tree, and obeyed Iblis may Allah curse him when Iblis whispered
to him and said:
{But Satan whispered evil to him: he said, "O Adam! shall I lead thee to the Tree of
Immortality and to a kingdom that never decays?"
Until the Holy verse says:
thus did Adam disobey his Lord, and allow himself to be seduced. * But his Lord chose him:
He turned to him, and gave him Guidance.} [Holy Qur’an surat TaHa verses 120,121,122]
So there is no arguing about the concept that some of the Prophets had made mistakes. It is
clear. Allah swt has mentioned their mistakes. And this was one of the examples, Adam a.s.

Example number 2:
Noah pbuh.
Allah swt had promised Noah pbuh that all the righteous ones would survive and would inherit
the Earth with him and this was God’s promise to Noah that Noah believed in and preached and
gave glad tidings about this promise for 950 years. And even though Noah was an Awli Al Azm
Prophet, and Awli Al Azm are the greatest of all Prophets and Messengers, he doubted in the
judgement of Allah swt, he second guessed the judgement of Allah swt, he accused Allah swt of
not fulfilling his promise to him. How? The Holy Qur’an says:
{And Noah called forth towards his Lord and said: “My son is from my family, and your promise
is the truth. And you are the most wise of wise” * Allah said: “O Noah, he is not from your
family. He is an unrighteous work. So do not ask about that which you have no knowledge of. I
warn you do not be from those who are ignorant”. So he said to his Lord: “I seek refuge that I
ask you about that which I have no knowledge of. And if You do not forgive me and if You do not
have mercy on me, I shall be of those who lost” } [Holy Qur’an, Surat Hud, verses 45, 46, 47]
So Noah is asking God and telling him unless You forgive for me this sin which I made against
you, this mistake which I have made against You, then I will be from those who have lost.
And here was the second example from the Holy Qur’an that the Prophets and Messengers and
even a messenger from Awli AlAzm like Noah a.s., did not have inherent infallibility.

Example number 3:
Moses pbuh
Moses a.s. committed a great mistake and repents clearly afterwards.
When he went to meet Allah swt, even though he is a Prophet from Awli Al­Azm, he said to
Allah swt I want to see You.
Even though he is a prophet of Awli Al­Azm, he made a huge mistake [..] which we will not talk
about right now. But the matter reached with him that when his appointment had came and the
Lord spoke to him, Moses a.s said to his Lord, Lord let me look at You, let me see You. {And
when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said, "My Lord, show
me [Yourself] that I may look at You." [ Allah ] said, "You will not see Me, but look at the
mountain; if it should remain in place, then you will see Me." But when his Lord appeared to the
mountain, He rendered it level, and Moses fell unconscious. And when he awoke, he said,
"Exalted are You! I have repented to You, and I am the first of the believers."} [Holy Qur’an]

Example number 4:
Joseph pbuh
Joseph is the fourth example.
Joseph had made many mistakes. And here are couple of Joseph’s mistakes in the Holy Qur’an.
Joseph had thoughts about Zuleyha and she had thoughts about him, and that of course was a
wrong action and a wrong doing which Joseph had admitted to himself.
{And she thought about him, and he thought about her, if it was not for the fact that he saw the
proof of his Lord, as such do we remove from him all evil and all lewdness, verily he was from
Our sincere worshippers/servants} [Holy Qur’an]
And Joseph said:
{And I do not acquit myself. Indeed, the self is a persistent enjoiner of evil, except for which my
Lord has mercy on. Indeed, my Lord is Forgiving and Merciful} [Holy Qur’an]
Joseph also had made another mistake which was that he asked for the help of a human being, a
creation of Allah swt, instead of asking for help directly from the Creator.
And in the Holy Qur’an it mentions this :
{And he said to the one whom he knew would go free, "Mention me with your master." But Satan
made him forget the mention [to] his master, and Joseph remained in prison several years.}
[Holy Qur’an]
Imam Ahmed Al Hasan (a.s) commented on this story. He a.s said: "Verily Allah swt
had originally ordained that Joseph stay in prison for 3 years, but after this mistake of Joseph’s,
he remained in prison for additional 4 years".

Example number 5:
Jonah pbuh
{And Zun­nun (Jonah), when he departed in wrath: He thought that We had no power over
him! But he cried through the depths of darkness, "There is no god but thou: glory to thee: I
was indeed of the wrongdoers!"} [Holy Qur’an]
And the story of Jonah, Yunus, his story in the whale is a famous story, and it is mentioned in the
Torah, it is mentioned in the Bible, in all the Holy texts, it is not hidden from most of the people
what the mistake of Jonah was, and it is also mentioned as well in the Holy Qur’an.
And so you have 5 examples in the Quran of 5 Messengers of Allah who committed mistakes or
sins. And the hadiths of the Ahlul Bayt a,s, mention much more. And these 5 examples were
Adam, Noah, Moses, Joseph, and Jonah, pbut.
As for those whom say that the proof that the Messengers and Prophets have inherent
infallibility, meaning that they were infallible from birth till death, is in the following verse, and
they point to this verse to prove their point:

{So she pointed to him. They said, "How can we speak to one who is in the cradle a child?"
[Jesus] said, "Indeed, I am the servant of Allah . He has given me the Book and made me a
prophet.} [Holy Qur’an]

Some people point towards the miracle which happened with Jesus a.s when he spoke from the
cradle, to say that Jesus therefore and all the Prophets and Messengers therefore are inherently
infallible from birth until death.
This is not a proof at all of inherent infallibility for the Messengers. Because the speech of Jesus
pbuh came when he was testifying in order to declare the innocence of his mother Mary.
And it is the same as the speech of the child in the palace who testified to the chastity of Joseph
and that Joseph did not commit the horrible act with Zulaykha which he was being accused of.
And that child who was in the palace with Joseph was not a Prophet nor a Messenger. Therefore
people cannot use the speech of Jesus in the cradle as a proof of his inherent infallibility. But
rather that was an example of the examples. It was a miracle for that particular time and it was
not a proof for inherent infallibility.

Now those were five examples from the Holy Qur’an.
Imam Ahmed Al Hasan a.s has given another example from another Messenger from the Bible
whom had a mistake, and he has said that Jesus a.s had made several mistakes during his
lifetime. One of them is that he was not able to bear the crucifixion, he did not want to be
crucified, and he did not handle the command of Allah swt that he be crucified. And this is
clearly shown in the Bible.

This does not mean that the Look Alike was better than Jesus. On the contrary, Jesus and the
Awli AlAzm are much better than the Look Alike, and perhaps many others too.
And we have mentioned to you now mistakes from the Prophets and Messengers from only the
Qur’an and from the Bible . And verily what has been hidden from you is greater.
And all praises belong to Allah.
And may Allah send His peace and blessings upon Muhammad and the Family of Muhammad
the Imams and the Mahdis.
In God alone , is therefore, Good, or rather Good is God Himself.

~ Hermes

Return to “The Call of Imam Mahdi”