A place for discussing anything related to the Ahlul Bayt a.s
Furu' al Kafi (by Shaikh Kulaini), Volume 5, Page 542, Chapter of nikah, Section about the fornicator, Hadith no. 6
محمد بن يحيى، عن أحمد بن محمد، عن علي بن الحكم، عن علي بن سويد قال: قلت لابي الحسن (ع): إني مبتلي بالنظر إلى المرأة الجميلة فيعجبني النظر إليها، فقال لي: يا علي لا بأس إذا عرف الله من نيتك الصدق وإياك والزنا فإنه يمحق البركة و يهلك الدين

Muhammad b. Yahya, from Ahmad b. Muhammad, Ali b. al Hakam, from Ali b. Suwaid who said: "I said to Abi al-Hasan (as): Indeed I am afflicted with looking at the beautiful woman, thus I like looking at her." So he (as) said to me: "O Ali, No Problem when Allah knew of your true intention, but beware of Zina, for it wipes out the blessings and kills the faith."

مرآة العقول في شرح أخبار آل الرسول، ج‏20، ص: 387

Miratul Uquool (By Allama Majlisi), Volume 20, Page 387

صحيح

Sahih (correct/authentic)

[ 25032 ] 3 ـ محمد بن علي بن الحسين قال : قال ( عليه السلام ) : إذا أراد أحدكم أن يتزوج فليسأل عن شعرها كما يسأل عن وجهها ، فإنّ الشعر أحد الجمالين

[25032] 3- Muhammad b. Ali b. al Hussain who said: Imam (as) said: "When one of you intends to marry, then inquire about the woman's hair, just as you would ask about her face, for indeed the hair are one of the beautiful assets."

Grading

Seyyid Muhammad Sadiq Sadr (Al Shia Page 127-128): Sahih
Ewrim wrote:Furu' al Kafi (by Shaikh Kulaini), Volume 5, Page 542, Chapter of nikah, Section about the fornicator, Hadith no. 6
محمد بن يحيى، عن أحمد بن محمد، عن علي بن الحكم، عن علي بن سويد قال: قلت لابي الحسن (ع): إني مبتلي بالنظر إلى المرأة الجميلة فيعجبني النظر إليها، فقال لي: يا علي لا بأس إذا عرف الله من نيتك الصدق وإياك والزنا فإنه يمحق البركة و يهلك الدين

Muhammad b. Yahya, from Ahmad b. Muhammad, Ali b. al Hakam, from Ali b. Suwaid who said: "I said to Abi al-Hasan (as): Indeed I am afflicted with looking at the beautiful woman, thus I like looking at her." So he (as) said to me: "O Ali, No Problem when Allah knew of your true intention, but beware of Zina, for it wipes out the blessings and kills the faith."

مرآة العقول في شرح أخبار آل الرسول، ج‏20، ص: 387

Miratul Uquool (By Allama Majlisi), Volume 20, Page 387

صحيح

Sahih (correct/authentic)

[ 25032 ] 3 ـ محمد بن علي بن الحسين قال : قال ( عليه السلام ) : إذا أراد أحدكم أن يتزوج فليسأل عن شعرها كما يسأل عن وجهها ، فإنّ الشعر أحد الجمالين

[25032] 3- Muhammad b. Ali b. al Hussain who said: Imam (as) said: "When one of you intends to marry, then inquire about the woman's hair, just as you would ask about her face, for indeed the hair are one of the beautiful assets."

Grading

Seyyid Muhammad Sadiq Sadr (Al Shia Page 127-128): Sahih

Thanks for sharing these Hadith brother. But you know living in Western countries or less conservative cities it is almost impossible to "look with good intention" if what you're looking at is more skin than clothes, so it's best to avoid looking and staring, and only keep it to once:

The Prophet Muhammad (saw) commanded Imam Ali (as) said: "O Ali! Do not look once after another, for the first look is for you (since it happens accidentally) while the second is against you."
No reference unfortunately, it's from this site: http://www.ezsoftech.com/stories/mis31.asp

Also it should be more of a "scan" were you check your surroundings. For myself I consider staring to be anything more than 1-2 seconds.
Y- Yamani et Yawmiates (Mémoires).

Salam, Le récipiendaire. Y-13. Il est aussi[…]

N- Nostradamus.

Salam, Au détriment des associateurs. N-7. […]