Unable to fast during pregnancy /لم أقوم بصیام شهر رمضان السابق (Answered تمت الإجابة)

Here is where we will post all your questions and answers to the Imam a.s

Moderator: Shana

Shana

Question: I did not fast last Ramadan because I was pregnant, do I have to make up for the fast before this Ramadan comes? Is it obligatory upon the breastfeeding woman whose milk is little or the woman who is pregnant in her last month to fast? Or does she just bring out Kaffara (expiation) for everyday which she hasn't fasted? And how much is the Kaffara (expiation)? And does she have to make up by fasting an entire month if she did not fast in Ramadan because she was pregnant or breast-feeding?

لم أقوم بصیام شهر رمضان السابق لإني كنت حامل هل لابد أن یكون التعویض قبل رمضان القادم؟ وهل المرضعة قلیلة اللبن أو الحامل في شهورها الأخیرة یجب أن تصوم؟ أم فقط تخرج كفارة عن كل یوم لم تصم فیه؟ وكم هي الكفارة؟ وهل یجب أن تعوض صیام شهر كامل إذا كانت لم تصم في رمضان بسبب أنها حامل أو مرضعة؟

Answer: In the Name of Allah, The Abundantly Merciful, The Intensely Merciful
All praises belong to Allah the Lord of the Worlds
O Allah send Your prayers upon Muhammad and the Family of Muhammad the Imams and the Mahdis
Any fasting which negatively affects the human's health is not allowed. As for
the Kaffara (expiation), it is to feed a poor person until he is full, for everyday that she didnt fast.

بسم االله الرحمن الرحیم
والحمد الله رب العالمین
اللهم صل على محمد وآل محمد الأئمة والمهدیین وسلم تسلیما كثیرا
اي صیام یكون یأثر على الانسان بشكل سلبي على صحته فلا یجوز الصیام به وبنسبة للكفارة اطعام مسكین حتى یشبع على كل یوم
Every day is Ashura, and every land is Karbala

Return to “Q&A with the Imam”