- Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:32 am
Main changes from Shia prayer:
1) In Adhan and Iqama, instead of: Aliyun Waliyu Allah two times, you would do these two, 2 times each:
Ash-hadu anna â€˜Aliyan wal aâ€™imata min wildihi Hujjajullah
Ash-hadu anna alMahdi wal Mahdiyeen min wildihi Hujjajullah
2) After Adhan, Iqama and Intention, the obligatory Takbeer is now Seven (instead of one). It is recorded down in the Hadith that seven Takbeers is recommended, however during the time of the 1st Mahdi (as) it is now obligatory to do 7 takbirs. To help with remembering the number, it is recommended to do 1 Takbir, then 2, then 2, then 2.
3) When doing Takbir, the tip of the middle finger should be next to the ear, palms facing outwards to the front, thumbs sticking out to the side pointing towards the throat.
4) Some Shia do a Tasbeeh Fatima (3 times) in the third and fourth Rak'a, this should be Surat Fatiha instead.
5) Second Qunoot, at fourth Rak'a, it is done after the bowing and standing up.
6) Tasleem is "salam alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu", and it is recommended to do two extra ones, one to the right and one to the left.