Here all resources pertaining to the Yamani will be posted
By Zolfigarr
Salam ,

each of the 5 obligatory prayers of the day has a nafilah prayer.

Al-Fajr prayer: has 2 Ruk'a Nafilah prayed before Fajr prayer.
Al-Dhuhur prayer: has 8 Ruk'a Nafilah prayed before Al-Dhuhur prayer
Al-asr prayer: has 8 Ruk'a Nafilah prayed before Al-asr prayer
Al-Maghrib prayer: has 4 Ruk'a Nafilah prayed after Al-Maghrib prayer.
Al-Eisha prayer: has 2 Ruk'a Nafilah prayed while sitting (not like the other prayers which you stand upright to perform it) after Al-Eisha prayer

Then after Midnight till before Al-Fajr you pray "The Night prayer" which is 11 Ruk'a (8 Ruk'a performed the same way as you perform Al-Fajr prayer + 2 Ruk'a Shaf'e prayer performed like fajr prayer but without Qunut + 1 Ruk'a Witr prayer with has Qunut)

All the Nafilah prayers are performed twos by twos .. eg: Nafilah of Dhuhur prayer, you perform 2 x 2 x 2 after each 2 you make Tasleem and tashahud then you start the next two by the 7 takbeerat as usual.
Imam Jafar Sadiq a.s: Our Shias are those who are pious and men of solid aims, they are loyal and trustworthy, they are men of piety and worship, they pray fifty one (51) Rak'ats prayers during day and night, they are usually awake in the night, they observe fasts during the day, they purify their property (by paying poor-rate [Zakat]) they perform Hajj of Holy Kaaba, they abstain from all that which is forbidden.
Last edited by Zolfigarr on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By m-ali1988
Salaam Alaikum Wr Allah Wb,

Good post, full Hadith with reference can be seen here for those that want to verify;

[center]Al-Fazaael: Abdullah Ibn Aufaa narrates on the authority of the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.a.) that he said,
“When Allah created Ibraheem (a.s.), His friend, He removed the veils of his vision. Hence, when he looked towards the Throne, he saw a light and asked, ‘My God and my Master! What is this light?’ He replied, ‘O Ibraheem! This is Muhammad, My chosen and selected one.’ Ibraheem (a.s.) enquired, ‘My God and my Master! I see next to him another light.’ He replied, ‘O Ibraheem! This is Ali, the helper of My religion.’ Again he asked, ‘My God and my Master! I see next to these two a third light, following the two lights.’ He replied, ‘O Ibraheem! This is Fatemah following her father and her husband. I have separated her followers from the fire.’ Ibraheem (a.s.) asked, ‘My God and my Master! I see two lights following the third light.’ He replied, ‘O Ibraheem! These two are Hasan and Husain following their father, their mother and their grandfather.’ He asked, ‘My God and my Master! I see nine lights encircled by these five lights.’ He replied, ‘O Ibraheem! These are the Imams from their progeny.’ He asked, ‘My God and my Master! Through whom are they recognized (i.e. How should I know them)? He replied, ‘O Ibraheem! The first of them is Ali Ibn Husain then Muhammad the son of Ali, Ja’far the son of Muhammad, Moosa the son of Ja’far, Ali the son of Moosa, Muhammad the son of Ali, Ali the son of Muhammad, Hasan the son of Ali and the Muhammad the son of Hasan, the Qaem, the Mahdi.’ He asked, ‘My God and my Master! I see a number of lights around them that cannot be enumerated except by You.’ He answered, ‘O Ibraheem! These are their Shias and their lovers (of the Ahlulbayt).’ Ibraheem asked, ‘My God and my Master! How will their Shias and their lovers be recognized?’ He informed, ‘They will perform fifty-one rak’ats of namaz (everyday), recite بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم loudly (in their prayers), read the Qunoot before the ruku’ (of the second rak’at), perform two prostrations of thanks giving (sajdatayy al-shukr) and will wear their rings in their right hands.’ Ibraheem (a.s.) implored, ‘My God! Make me from their Shias and lovers.’ Allah responded, ‘I have made you.’ Thereafter, Allah, the High, revealed concerning him, ميهاربلا هتعيش نم ناو .ميلس بلقب هبر ءاج ذا And surely from his Shias is Ibraheem. When he came to his Lord with a secure heart. Allah, the High, and His Messenger have spoken the truth. Mufazzal Ibn Umar narrates, ‘When Ibraheem felt death approaching him, he narrated this tradition, went into prostration and his soul was captured in this very state’.” Muntakhab al-Asar, Vol 1, P169, Hadith 265
(Also in Al-Fazaael, pg. 158; Behaar al-Anwaar, vol. 36, pg. 213-214, Chap. 40, Tr. No. 15; Isbaat al-Hudaat, vol. 2, pg. 417, Section 7, Chap. 9, Tr. No. 278)[/center]
Last edited by m-ali1988 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By MaryamAhmed
Salaam,

So does that mean we dont pray the normal salaat of:
Fajr=4
Zuhur=12
Asr=8
Magrib=7
Esha=17

instead we have to pray 51 rakaat - is that the original amount of rakaats that were suppose to pray?

You also wrote e.g 4 rakaat nafila - what do you mean by nafila is it nafl prayer and also it only has fardh and nafila rakaat is there no sunnat rakaat and are they all obligatory because nafl isnt obligatory?
By Labbayk_Ahmed
MaryamAhmed wrote:Salaam,

So does that mean we dont pray the normal salaat of:
Fajr=4
Zuhur=12
Asr=8
Magrib=7
Esha=17

instead we have to pray 51 rakaat - is that the original amount of rakaats that were suppose to pray?

You also wrote e.g 4 rakaat nafila - what do you mean by nafila is it nafl prayer and also it only has fardh and nafila rakaat is there no sunnat rakaat and are they all obligatory because nafl isnt obligatory?

Walykom assalam sister Maryam,

The number of the obligatory (Fardh) prayers are the same:

2 fajr
4 dhuhur
4 asr
3 Maghrib
4 Esha'

The "nafila" prayers are Sunnah/favored prayers recommended but not obligatory.

There is a hadith that says that one of the signs of believers "Mumin" is to pray 51 Ruk'a a day ..
So what you MUST pray everyday is 5 prayers = 17 Ruk'a
and what is favored for you to pray is "Nafilah"prayers along with the 17 Ruk'a obligatory prayers = 51 prayers.

*How to perform the Nafilah prayers?

A) each of the 5 obligatory prayers of the day has a nafilah prayer.

Al-Eisha prayer: has 2 Ruk'a Nafilah prayed while sitting (not like the other prayers which you stand upright to perform it) after Al-Eisha prayer

Then after Midnight till before Al-Fajr you pray "The Night prayer" which is 11 Ruk'a (8 Ruk'a performed the same way as you perform Al-Fajr prayer + 2 Ruk'a Shaf'e prayer performed like fajr prayer but without Qunut + 1 Ruk'a Witr prayer which has Qunut)

All the Nafilah prayers are performed twos by twos .. eg: Nafilah of Dhuhur prayer, you perform 2 x 2 x 2 after each 2 you make Tasleem and tashahud then you start the next two by the 7 takbeerat as usual.

At your service if you have any questions.
By MaryamAhmed
Walaikum Salam,
Thanks sis, makes sense now! :thumbup:
By ansarofallah
[center]عَنْ أَبِي جَعْفَرٍ (ع) قَالَ: إِنَّ الْعَبْدَ لَيُرْفَعُ لَهُ مِنْ صَلاَتِهِ نِصْفُهَا أَوْ ثُـلُـثُهَا أَوْ رُبُعُهَا أَوْ خُمُسُهَا فَمَا يُرْفَعُ لَهُ إِلاَّ مَا أَقْبَلَ عَلَيْهِ بِقَلْبِهِ وَ إِنَّمَا أَمَرْنَا بِالنَّافِلَةِ لِيَتِمَّ لَهُمْ بِهَا مَا نَقَصُوا مِنَ الْفَرِيضَةِ.

Imam Al-Baqir (peace be upon him) has said: “The prayer that is offered by a person, sometimes half of it ascends upwards, while at other times it is only one-third, or one-fourth or one-fifth that ascends. Only that portion of the prayer which the person has offered with concentration and mindfulness of the heart is made to ascend. (And so) the people have been ordered to offer the recommended prayers so that they can make up for what has been left incomplete of their obligatory prayers.”

Al-Haqa’iq, Page 219
[/center]
AnsarofAllah wrote:[center]عَنْ أَبِي جَعْفَرٍ (ع) قَالَ: إِنَّ الْعَبْدَ لَيُرْفَعُ لَهُ مِنْ صَلاَتِهِ نِصْفُهَا أَوْ ثُـلُـثُهَا أَوْ رُبُعُهَا أَوْ خُمُسُهَا فَمَا يُرْفَعُ لَهُ إِلاَّ مَا أَقْبَلَ عَلَيْهِ بِقَلْبِهِ ÙˆÙŽ إِنَّمَا أَمَرْنَا بِالنَّافِلَةِ لِيَتِمَّ لَهُمْ بِهَا مَا نَقَصُوا مِنَ الْفَرِيضَةِ.

Imam Al-Baqir (peace be upon him) has said: “The prayer that is offered by a person, sometimes half of it ascends upwards, while at other times it is only one-third, or one-fourth or one-fifth that ascends. Only that portion of the prayer which the person has offered with concentration and mindfulness of the heart is made to ascend. (And so) the people have been ordered to offer the recommended prayers so that they can make up for what has been left incomplete of their obligatory prayers.”

Al-Haqa’iq, Page 219
[/center]

Alhamdulilah great catch sister, that Hadith makes so much sense! (deeply contemplates Recommended prayers)
By jimbowzee24
Zolfigarr wrote:Salam ,

each of the 5 obligatory prayers of the day has a nafilah prayer.

Then after Midnight till before Al-Fajr you pray "The Night prayer" which is 11 Ruk'a (8 Ruk'a performed the same way as you perform Al-Fajr prayer + 2 Ruk'a Shaf'e prayer performed like fajr prayer but without Qunut + 1 Ruk'a Witr prayer with has Qunut)

Imam Jafar Sadiq a.s: Our Shias are those who are pious and men of solid aims, they are loyal and trustworthy, they are men of piety and worship, they pray fifty one (51) Rak'ats prayers during day and night, they are usually awake in the night, they observe fasts during the day, they purify their property (by paying poor-rate [Zakat]) they perform Hajj of Holy Kaaba, they abstain from all that which is forbidden.

Sallam Brother Ansar Allah,

Do you know if the Nafilah of Asr and Nafilah Zuhor are done "quietly" like the actual Zohr and Asr prayers???

Fi aman allah,

Ali :D

jimbowzee24 wrote:[color=#00BF40]Sallam Brother Ansar Allah,

Do you know if the Nafilah of Asr and Nafilah Zuhor are done "quietly" like the actual Zohr and Asr prayers???

Fi aman allah,

Ali :D[/size]

Salam alaykum Ali,

I came across a Hadith that was explaining why Fajr prayer is loud but Zuhr and Asr are quiet, and it was something like: Fajr is considered to be part of the night, hence it is loud like the night prayers. So I think the Nafilah of Zuhr and Asr would also be quiet like the actual Zuhr and Asr.
Salam alaykum,
something i got confused about and looked up.. just thought Id share for others, it adds up to 51 ruk'aas because the 2 rukaa nafila after the ishaa prayer (while sitting down) is considered as one rukaa. :)
L- La Mère des Cités.

Salam, La jeune fille, mère du Fils de l’homme[…]

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم والحمد لله رب العالمين […]

Ç- Prière (Çalat).

Salam, Diverses manières de prier. Ç- 2. Tou[…]

M- Deux Messies.

Salam, L’Esprit Christ en Jésus. M-17. Jésus[…]