Here all resources pertaining to the Yamani will be posted
User avatar
By Achernahr
#34060
Saihat Jibreel wrote:3- You compare the letter with the below list :

‎

‎ت (He was sinful and repent them)

‎خ (Do not go with the matter, it is bad/corrupt)

‎م (Be warn so you do not fall in repentance)



May Allah be with you all.
[/b]


Dear Saihat Jibreel,

My only issue with the istikhara method you provided is that when it comes to the matter of Ahmad Al Hassan... in that if i were to make such an Istikhara in regards to Ahmed Al Hassan, out of 28 letters, only 3 are negative in nature (above). The chances of finding a positive letter is much higher than a negative one, and so it's not really reliable.

I'm sure if the istikhara is done perfectly with the purest of intentions and followed through exactly then it doesn't matter the chances, Allah will guide one to come to the right page and it will be the correct letter there.

But I fear for most of us who aren't going to be performing it so perfectly and might treat it trivially or find that our intentions are not in the purest forms, such an istikhara may be misleading due to the above.

Does the Imam emphasize for which occasions such an istikhara can be utilized? From my understanding one shouldn't take it for all choices in life, rather certain choices fall under certain dua's and istikharas, and others fall under others... perhaps you have some knowledge on this because mine is very limited..

fi aman Allah

Achernahr
User avatar
By Saihat Jibreel
#34238
Achernahr wrote:Dear Saihat Jibreel,
My only issue with the istikhara method you provided is that when it comes to the matter of Ahmad Al Hassan... in that if i were to make such an Istikhara in regards to Ahmed Al Hassan, out of 28 letters, only 3 are negative in nature (above). The chances of finding a positive letter is much higher than a negative one, and so it's not really reliable.
I'm sure if the istikhara is done perfectly with the purest of intentions and followed through exactly then it doesn't matter the chances, Allah will guide one to come to the right page and it will be the correct letter there.
But I fear for most of us who aren't going to be performing it so perfectly and might treat it trivially or find that our intentions are not in the purest forms, such an istikhara may be misleading due to the above.
Does the Imam emphasize for which occasions such an istikhara can be utilized? From my understanding one shouldn't take it for all choices in life, rather certain choices fall under certain dua's and istikharas, and others fall under others... perhaps you have some knowledge on this because mine is very limited..
fi aman Allah
Achernahr


Wa alaikum alsalam wr wb,

Dear brother Achernahr,
This way of istikhara is narrated from Imam Ali a.s , if you go and search, استخارة الامام علي بحروف القران, you will end up with that way of istikhara

It was narrated about the Prophet of Allah pbuh that he said: I am the city of knowledge and the Ali is its gate, for those who want the knowledge, enter the city from its gate.

So go to houses by the gates thereof, and observe your duty to Allah, that ye may be successful [Al-baqraa 189]


The chances of Allah swt telling you not to go through something is as you said, little, because All of what comes from Allah is khair
The Imam a.s did not specify to use this kind of istikhara (as to my limited knowledge), but he teaches us to ask Allah for guidance in everything we do (Make istikhara) .. This way of Istikhara is the dominant way used by the people as they do not know the meaning of the verses of the Quran if they read the Aya as a whole instead of the letter (as it could be mutashabeh)

Nevertheless, feel free to use any way of istikhara if you may, to ask Allah for guidance.. Allah is and will always be a witness for Imam Ahmad alHassan a.s
We have sent you as a messenger unto mankind and Allah is sufficient as Witness [Al-Nisaa' 79]



Hope this helps, Fi Aman Allah
User avatar
By Zolfigarr
#34239
@Achernahr here are the hadeeths from Ahlulbayt about Istikhara
علي بن معاذ قال قلت لصفوان بن يحيى بأي شي‏ء قطعت على علي(أي على امامة علي بن موسى الرضا ع) قال صليت و دعوت الله و استخرت عليه و قطعت عليه. الغيبة للطوسي ص : 61

في وصية الامام علي ع لابنه الحسن ع ….. واخلص في المسالة لربك فان بيده العطاء والحرمان واكثر الاستخاره***نهج البلاغة ص 393صبحي الصالح
User avatar
By nadeem
#34687
Zolfigarr wrote:@Achernahr here are the hadeeths from Ahlulbayt about Istikhara
علي بن معاذ قال قلت لصفوان بن يحيى بأي شي‏ء قطعت على علي(أي على امامة علي بن موسى الرضا ع) قال صليت و دعوت الله و استخرت عليه و قطعت عليه. الغيبة للطوسي ص : 61

في وصية الامام علي ع لابنه الحسن ع ….. واخلص في المسالة لربك فان بيده العطاء والحرمان واكثر الاستخاره***نهج البلاغة ص 393صبحي الصالح



in english please :?
User avatar
By Saihat Jibreel
#34697
nadeem wrote:
Zolfigarr wrote:@Achernahr here are the hadeeths from Ahlulbayt about Istikhara
علي بن معاذ قال قلت لصفوان بن يحيى بأي شي‏ء قطعت على علي(أي على امامة علي بن موسى الرضا ع) قال صليت و دعوت الله و استخرت عليه و قطعت عليه. الغيبة للطوسي ص : 61

في وصية الامام علي ع لابنه الحسن ع ….. واخلص في المسالة لربك فان بيده العطاء والحرمان واكثر الاستخاره***نهج البلاغة ص 393صبحي الصالح

in english please :?

Inshallah


Narrated from Ali bin Ma'th he said: I said to Safwan bin Yehya: In what way you were made certain of Ali (The Imamat of Ali bin Musa Al-rida a.s), he said I prayed, made dua to Allah, made istikhara, and was certain of him.
Occultation for sheikh Al-Tosi page 61


In the will of Imam Ali a.s to his son Al-Hassan a.s .... ***Be sincere when asking from your Lord, it is in his hand prosperity and deprivation, and make istikhara frequently ***
Nahj Al Balaga page 393 Subhi Alsaleh
User avatar
By zizzou
#34775
Subhanallah. Thank you for the explanation.
By Zzz
#41757
Since there seems to be a lot of confusion about the Istikhara methods, these are explained in detail over here:

http://www.duas.org/istikhara.htm

or in this book

http://www.duas.org/pdfs/Istikhara.pdf (starting at p. 38)

I personally prefer this one, which helped me numerous times:

[...]

DUA'A 8 Given below is the method of seeking istikhara from the holy quran recommended by the Prophet s.a.a.:

(i) Recite al Ikhlas 3 times

(ii) recite salawat at 3 times

(iii) then say:

ALLAAHUMMA INNEE TAFAA-ALTU BIKITAABIKA WA TAWAKKALTU A'LAYKA FA-ARINEE MIN KITAABIKA MAA HUWA MAKTOOBUN MIN SIRRIKAL MAKANOONI FEE GHAYBIKA

(iv) Open the Holy Quran and derive the indication from the first line of right hand page.
[...]

(source: duas.org/istikhara or p.56 in the above mentioned book).
User avatar
By sherally
#47675
Salamun Aleykum,

for the person asking for a book i believe this is the same one that he is referring to, either way i found this a couple of days ago and hope that it helps anyone coming by this post.
:thumbup:


wa salaams.
#47711
sherally wrote:Salamun Aleykum,

for the person asking for a book i believe this is the same one that he is referring to, either way i found this a couple of days ago and hope that it helps anyone coming by this post.
:thumbup:


wa salaams.

Greatly appreciated, I will be reading/using this, thanks :). I was using the istikhara on this thread but wanted to know more about istikhara, i found al-islam site to give more explanation and less hadith, but alhamdulillah this has many hadiths and they seem to answer many questions about istikhara.
Thanks again
User avatar
By numenorean
#49152
Saihat Jibreel wrote:Alsalam Alaikum Ansar Allah

The following is a translation for how to make istaikhra with the letters of the Quran by Imam Ali a.s
This was taught to us as an alternative to making istikhara by the ayat of the Quran. For the reason that we do not know the meaning of all the verses in the Quran, and it is not possible for us to know by ourselves alone the meaning of the istikhara if the aya that came to us was Mutashabih

I hope that this way will be of much help to those truth seekers.. Remember to make Wudo before it :)


In the name of God the Merciful
Allahuma Sali Ala Mohamamd wa Al Mohammad, Alai'ma Walmahdyeen wa Salim Tasleema
Istikharat (kheera) Al-Imam Ali Amir Al-Mo'mneen (AS) with letters of Quran

Prince of the Faithful Ali bin Abi Talib said to who wants to ask Allah by the letters of the Quran to read Fatiha 3 times, then read Eklas 3 times and then recite the following du3a'"Allaahumma inni tawakkaltu 3alayk, wa tafaa'altu fee kitaabikal kareem, fa'arinee ma huwal-maktoomu fee sirrik almaknoon, wa fee ghaybik almaknoon ya thal jalal wal ikram" (Oh my Allah i have relied upon you, and refered (in optimism) to your book Al-Kareem (the generous bountiful book), so bring me closer to what is hidden in Your mystery (or secrecy), that which is hidden in your concealment, Oh the most merciful of the mercifuls.)

1- After you do the above, you open the qur'an to a random page, starting from the right. You count 7 pages (back and front in sequential order, so the 7th page will always be the right page too).
E.g. if you happen to open the Quran and you see page 68 on the right side . You count 7 pages and the the 7th page right face will be page 82,

2- In that page, you then count down 7 lines. Get the FIRST LETTER of the 7th line.

3- You compare the letter with the below list :

‎ أ (Good, happy and success and conciliation)

‎ب (He will see many benefits, and safety from those who he's afraid from)

‎ت (He was sinful and repent them)

‎ث (He wiill be given wealth in this world and the Hereafter)

‎ج (He will find many benefits in what he determined upon)

‎ح (He will be given halal wealth from where he doesn't think of)

‎خ (Do not go with the matter, it is bad/corrupt)

‎د (He will get his way and obtain happiness)

‎ذ (He defeats his enemies)

‎ر (He is supports among his people)

‎ز (He will be in the conflict and the risk so give sadaqa"charity")

‎س (He will be given happiness and wealth)

‎ش (Fear is upon him from the enemy)

‎ص (He falls in great matter so give sadaqa"charity")

‎ض (Will be of an abundance of capital)

‎ط (He will see the best in the world and the Hereafter)

‎ظ (What was hidden from the matter will be shown)

‎ع (Will be helped and suppoorted with his matter)

‎غ (Falls in great matter so give sadaqa "charity")

‎ف (Allah reunits him after separation)

‎ق (Will be happy and accepted among the servants)

‎ك (Will be placed in a conflict so give sadaqa "charity")

‎ل (His matter will be facilitated and his enemies defeted)

‎م (Be warn so you do not fall in repentance)

‎ن (Will be a man of good status and acceptance)

‎هـ (His matter will stop for a bit but its consequences are good)

‎و (Will be given capital and doesn't need anyone)

‎يـ (He will find the good news)


May Allah be with you all.



Assalam Alaikum,

does anyone know the ahadith with sources where this method is mentioned?

Fi Aman Allah.
A- Nom nouveau du Mahdi.

Salam, Après le Rappel. A-19. Nous avions d[…]

Ha- Houmaza, Calomniateurs.

Salam, Des calomniateurs. Ha-1. Al-Houmazah[…]

L- La Mère des Cités.

Salam, La Montagne des Montagnes. L-6. Il e[…]